PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl license type
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2014, 23:36
ecosse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was impatient like you, BUT once you get to the harder aspects circuit training and navigation you will realise that you will need those extra hours.

no shortcuts are good is what I've found out.

If you have the money sitting there(ie no cash flow problems) then you can do 2 things which will save you money and save you from getting impatient.

BUT!!.....

If you have, and I suspect this is the case, (been there) sat now and worked out what 45h @ £200 an hour or whatever its is going to cost you and are now figuring out what to do about it as you just don't want to pay or cant afford to pay the 15k YES 15k thats what your going to spend most likely!!!

There is another way NPPL(M)

This half's the cost to do your licence.

OR!! If you want to continue... in a spam can (or even if going micro) look at it this way....

1h a week at say the 65 weeks the average=13k

2h a week and this could be more like 50h so 10k and ONLY! 25weeks

Book 2 hours a week on the same day 1 in morning and one in afternoon and you will need a week for that to sink in, though on odd occasions you can have another fly hour that same week, you will have it done in no time.

dont let instructors tell you that 1h a week is enough... they want you to take your time... pay more... etc. doing 2 hours in same day forces progress but make sure you do one early and one after lunch.

Thats my advice

I was that impatient its took me since my first flight in 2009 till now to NEARLY get my licence.

Kenny