PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Classic British Aircraft on Quest today
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2014, 19:57
joy ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had not seen any of the programmes before, and although they did disrupt my work somewhat I must say that, for TV programes, they are superb. So many fascinating people, planes and engines, plenty of real talk from people who made, serviced and flew the planes and no need for a presenter!

Another thing that I noticed and liked was that most TV programmes about virtually anything concerning Britain feel that it is necessary to have American experts telling us about our heritage and history; it seems we have a serious inferiority complex and facts only "count" if we are told them by an American "Talking Head". I am not anti-American or excessively patriotic, but just for once it was so refreshing to see British people talking about their creations and experiences. In fact the only American I saw was an enthusiastic pilot of a British aircraft !

The only real shame to me is that the VC10 programme mainly focused on its military career; I think they should have done another on its civilian career.