PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About time - Air Services
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2014, 11:42
kaz3g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear, there has been a development

RAA have just voted to NOT act as an agent on behalf of members presumably due to overheads, so will cease to pass on invoices. They will be encouraging members to make their details available to Avdata.

This will be an interesting ride !
Why should RAAus incur costs so that a commercial entity can extract money from members for its own profit? The contract is between the user of the service and the provider.

And RAAus appears far more compliant with the Privacy Act than is CASA. It's hard to see how CASA can argue that putting my personal information on a publicly available website is a purpose associated with the purpose for which the information is lawfully collected and stored.

I also venture to suggest that cries of righteous indignation about RAAus aircraft not contributing to ASA for services are a bit hollow because the general rule is that RAAus certificate holders can't enter controlled airspace (need a PPL minimum, transponder, radio, TSO altimeter, etc). Those that meet all the requirements and use CTA are few and far between. Those that have managed to avoid aerodrome charges...good luck to them.

I'm not impressed with the Avdata set up. Received an account for 3 days parking at Moorabbin but no arrival/departure. Hadn't been there for more than 5 years!

Kaz