PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK roster
Thread: EK roster
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2014, 08:46
Pixy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I expect to hear from you." - Tim Clark

Again I reiterate: Moaning on Pprune will achieve nothing. No manager will see it and give it credibility even though so much is true. It’s far too easy for them to say it’s speculative, exaggerated and untrue. Any manager who wants to discredit it for their own agenda will do the usual company trick and request data and proof. Even when they have that they will do their best to spin the statistics to draw the conclusions they prefer to peddle.

However we have been given a golden opportunity for change and I don’t think it is merely a co-incidence. I believe the ripples are traveling up the chain through a minority of concerned, sensible and perhaps even ethical managers. I also believe the latest questionnaire on management must have raised some eyebrows.

The golden opportunity comes from our the Airline President himself. I quote:

“My next quarterly update is scheduled for early January. Meanwhile, I expect to hear from you – so do give me your robust views and feedback here.
Here’s to more conversations. Hello tomorrow.
Tim Clark
President Emirates Airline”

The word “here” even has a link inviting the feedback.

So feedback to him. Normal rules apply:
  • Be respectful
  • Be factual
  • Be unemotional
  • Be professional
  • Be responsible
  • Be sensible
Be all you claim to be and take the opportunity given. We don’t have unions, we don’t have collective bargaining, and frankly those are often more trouble in themselves. All we have are occasional chances to discuss our concerns and views and some reporting systems that are unfortunately policed by those with questionable agendas. Now Sir Clark wants to hear it straight from you.

Things have changed before: Look at the staff travel or the utilities debacles. They changed from popular dissent. I believe the abuse of leave and rosters will also change because they are so blatantly corrupted.

If the basic rules above are obeyed, I don’t believe anyone will be targeted or singled out. At a middle level that might be true but I doubt an Airline President and KBE would behave in such a churlish manner. Reputation and basic ethics prevent it.

There is an expectation from your Airline President to hear from you. Don’t let him or your airline down.