PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final Salary Pensions
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2014, 22:40
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not trust ANY "financial expert"- if they were that bloody good at it, they wouldn't need to be working and trying to dip their hands in your pocket, would they?

"Do not trust ANY financial expert" says the man who says the way to secure ones financial future is in property !

Do not tarnish all financial advisors with the same brush, there are lots of genuinely good ones out there .... and its not particularly hard to avoid the bad eggs (they tend to work for banks and other large institutions where there is a bias towards their company's own products).

Despite a couple of recessions in the last 20 years, overall, houses havebeen a far better investment than just about anything else.
Oh really ? Statements like that help demonstrate my point !

Look at a 10/15 year stock chart of Unilever plc or British American Tobacco plc and tell me if you still believe the nonsense you are spouting....

Not only has the price gone way up, but they've consistently paid and increased dividends over the years ... win..win....

Much cheaper to run a portfolio of fundamentally sound shares than to run a portfolio of properties....

Oh wait, did I forget to remind you of what happened in 2008 when people mortgaged themselves up to the hilt because they wanted to get onto the property buy-to-let bandwagon because property was such an awesome investment ?

Last edited by mixture; 25th Oct 2014 at 23:01.