PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2014, 19:31
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunday ramble:

What, exactly is Corporate Services? Watching Part 3 of the Sarcs provided – video - (thanks mate) is a bit like watching grid-iron football. Where they change the entire team every five minutes depending on what they are trying to achieve.

I am always amused by and enjoy the bits where a question is asked – looks left and right are exchanged – then someone calls on a 'colleague' to come and explain away, I won't say answer, the issue at hand. It is intriguing that the 'exec' can't ever quite 'recollect' the details but, can always, without fail, name and summon another talking head who has an almost perfect memory of part of the story – with 'from memory' lapses, but can identify another with precision; one who has yet another part of the yarn. More like servicing corporate, than corporate services. Marvellous to behold, should be made into a television soap opera.

For example – Sterle brings up 'credit cards' – (blank looks, WOW out of his seat like it was biting him) team change. It always intrigues me that the likes of WOW instinctively know when its 'all change' time; they must practice for hours, like those synchronised swimmers. Amazing stuff – if you like that kind of thing.

Enter the Executive manager – corporate services; who kicks off the segment and carries the ball until the opposition forwards challenge – flick pass – enter the chief financial officer, who has slithered into the still warm WOW seat, to beguile the Senators. You'd think that with hundreds of credit cards floating about the place, the CFO would have the normal system in place where monthly 'expenses' have to be submitted and money returned to the spender against receipts; rather than checking every card transaction, just in case someone slipped the odd sandwich and Coke onto the gifted credit card. It must be impossible to pick up the dodgy "between $5 and $90" transactions.

Almost all the 'good', undetected FRAUD schemes rely on a steady flow of small, insignificant amounts being 'milked' from a much larger money stream. $50 here, $90 there it's not very long before the 'beer and baccy' bill is paid; and or , junior's Ukulele lessons; and or, Mum's yoga class is being fully supported from the massive amounts of industry funds floating about. Hell, ASA chewed up $90,000,000 collected from the long suffering travelling public without so much as a belch. Perhaps that corporate giant the Auditor General could take a little look-see; just to be sure that the biccy tin donations paid for the Tim Tams and the Guide dog collection tin actually got to the dogs home (bless 'em – every last one).

No matter, there are 441 staff employed in corporate services to supervise the activities of 70 field operatives. The Jordan 'super market' fairy tale typifies how the scam works – he expects us to believe that the average CASA employee can't differentiate between the company card and their personal card. That notion, stand alone begs many questions

Layer upon layer of corporate top cover. It's like trying to pin a fart to the wall. But I'm certain that eventually we shall find one of the 441 employees of 'corporate services' who is essential to the safety of the Australian travelling public, one with some idea of which end of the aircraft emits the smoke and noise.

Can't support the Creampuff notion of it being a joke though; perhaps I've lost my sense of humour – I shall check. Pinch me Minnie – wake me up from this 'Pay-Wave' nightmare.

"With the sleep of dreams comes nightmares".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ Sunday indulgence.
To die, to sleep.
To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there’s the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
The sleep of reason produces monsters.

Wiki – "Goya imagines himself asleep amidst his drawing tools, his reason dulled by slumber and bedeviled by creatures that prowl in the dark. The work includes owls that may be symbols of folly and bats symbolising ignorance. The artist's nightmare reflected his view of Spanish society, which he portrayed in the Caprichos as demented, corrupt, and ripe for ridicule."

The full epigraph for capricho No. 43 reads; "Fantasy abandoned by reason produces impossible monsters: united with her, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of their marvels.
End Sunday ramble.

Last edited by Kharon; 25th Oct 2014 at 19:33. Reason: Nice work Sarcs – Tim Tam despatched.