PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2014, 18:30
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter 2014/5

Still some highlights even if as we have got closer things have deteriorated.

The good - Three new flybe routes tomorrow but none first-timers- Berlin, Oslo and Hamburg. The latter seems to full outbound per the booking engine.

Oslo I assume is not selling as well as daily has recently changed to Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Like the removal of BOD this passed me by until today like another shocker l will mention later.

Ryanair Londonderry is to end on 18 November a tad early and I wonder now that flybe had a couple of gaps they can be persuaded to plug the hole?

Ryanair three based aircraft are very quiet and one does not depart until 10am each day.

The other shocker is United from 6 a week to 5 in January with Wednesday reinstated and Tuesday and Thursday removed (Westbound). To follow this is goes four a week for February without a flight for three days as Wednesday is removed as well.

Icelandair start Reykjavik on 5th Feb!

Paris sees the flybe 195 return and an Air France A320 on the morning service up from an A319.

Amsterdam should go all jet in the week and four a day by flybe making up for the loss of KL1423/3 mid morning. KLM do increase capacity on the first inbound to BHX to a 738.

Aer Lingus have increased Shannon from last winter to double daily and mainly AT72's plus added an A320 Dublin service on Thursday and Friday evening doubling up with EI276. The daily Stobart AT72 stays as well mid morning.

Extra frequencies from Monarch to Alicante, Hurghada and Las Palmas will help although Rome briefly stops in the New Year and Larnaca goes weekly for 4 weeks.

PIA are supposed to return to three a week but no sign of Air India going daily as yet.

IT looks okay with just one Thomson Las Palmas cancelled until Feb and Thomas Cook dropping a few seats when the A321 arrives in December but with what looks like two Freebird and the Thomson 787 here 6 days a week from Christmas it should be a reasonable winter other than the fact the runway is closed most nights due continued resurfacing.

Pete