PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK roster
Thread: EK roster
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2014, 08:10
SuckItUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rosters........wtf......

September, 2nd top bid and got SFA of what I bid for which was non date specific for my home port and a trip no one ever wants anyway, and used to work month in month out........no chance.

This month, top bid, same bid, more than halfway up my groups seniority, same royal shafting, but the obligatory GS and PPC added when I still have 50 days to PPC expiry.........

Seriously, if you live and work in a real country, and are considering coming to sunny knoteatingham for the glory flying job in the big shiny birds, open your eyes and realize that you give up a lot more than a job somewhere else to come and live "the dream". You give up absolutely everything and likely will not get it back. Want to spend time at home with those who you love, STAY THERE!

92 hours of long and ultra long flying per month, massive circadian disruption, hypoxia, no trees within 2000NM, and roster fiddling so you don't have enough days off in a row to try to get on oversold flights to get home, will likely have you 6' deep in the sand before you fill that money bucket that is one of the current selling points. Did I mention the 50000 hour old seat cushions?.........

If history defines a trend, then they will be wringing their hands heavily at costa in the bouncy castle, to try to figure out the next 70 something to 90 something hours per month productivity increase, for no extra pay move so be warned.

Only one way to fill hundreds of extra wide bodies, and zzzzuper wide bodies, that's to make it cheaper. Who do you think will pay for that saving?

Remember, good pilots just SuckItUp.