PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2014, 20:55
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
441 v 70.

Buy your 'corporate services T shirt here and support the system. Fair dinkum, I thought that beyond even the looking glass for fantasy; but wait, there's more fantasy.
Mr Mrdak : There has been an extensive search process, both nationally and internationally. It has taken some time to seek a candidate of suitable quality.
Mr Mrdak : I can only comment that since the departure of Mr McCormick in August I think the organisation has been in very good hands with Mr Farquharson.
The scary part is that by extension – Mrdak makes it clear that "a candidate of suitable quality" would be a Farq-u-hardson look-alike. I'd have to agree – you would indeed have to scour the world to find a replicant; which may explain the lengthy delay. It seems the delay is not due to the MM crew having their schemes to get 'their' man into the job upset; or their inability to find a suitably malleable candidate who can be moulded to their will; or, sod all to do with minuscule inability to decide if he even wants milk in his tea, let alone what to do with 'aviation'. I am very relieved to have had that explained to me; I was a bit suspicious at first, but now I can relax.

Can't be bothered weeding out the whole passage of play – the paragraphs below; from yet another Wodger: he of Weasel Words (WOW), came after the glutinous logic relating to ATO numbers. What no one has told Fawcett is that there will lots of FOI 'returning to industry' all with Flight Test Examiner qualifications, who will charge their victims about $750 per test flight twice each year and a premium to cover the insurance – a nice little earner for the lobotomised, W2 trained, X-casa crowd. Don't worry folks– there will be plenty of them, they have after all just spent the last little while removing as many ATO as possible from the market place. This also helps explain where the FOI are going and why corporate services are expanding, CASA don't have to pay them any longer, they can gouge fees from industry and still do their dirty work. Great scheme to save money methinks.

If that is not enough to provide velvet trough cushions, there is always the Part 61 rort which has been suitably tailored to accommodate the 'brown envelope' clauses. See below, WOW explains the thing in simple terms, not bothering to even hide the grim truth contained within the system.

Mr Crosthwaite : We are talking about the flight reviews, flight tests and proficiency checks for industry pilots. There are a couple of points there. The first one is that, as the acting director said, the industry ATOs, or approved testing officers, have continued. We have provided opportunities for concurrent flight review and proficiency checks. Also, in the latest amendment to the regulations, before they commenced on 1 September, we reduced the number of checks required—for example, for instructors and examiners.
Blah, blah, blah, but for the nice little earner – see here:-

Also we have a mechanism within the regulations that allows CASA to grant an approval to conduct proficiency checks and flight tests. The examples of those were in the four-year transition period. We were able to manage the flow or the demand of flight examiners. (my bold)
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting to a point where I think we should be demanding Geoff Boyd 'go public' and spill the beans. It is becoming more and more obvious that nothing is going to improve under this captive, manipulated minuscule and if the charade goes on much longer – Boyd will become tainted - guilty by association, which would be a waste of talent and a squandered opportunity. Can the Bored at least let industry know they are still breathing, have a pulse and that apart from the 'whisper' that industry will be 'pleasantly surprised' with the new DAS. Just say something – anything positive would do.

It's a waste of wind – screaming in space – but this pathetic, embarrassing pantomime has to stop...

Toot toot (Mk 2).

Last edited by Kharon; 24th Oct 2014 at 21:05. Reason: Twas on the good ship Venus - my boy you should have seen us. etc