PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £110k+ EZY MPL scheme
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2014, 17:31
Northern Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now why the £109,000 from EZY? well isn't £85,000 from Integrated alone then £24,000 for type rating? and then £38,000 starting salary!? Why the complaint? It's an investment, Airlines are business, therefore we treat our big sum of money/loan as business too which in a long run we get it return with the best job in the world.
Oh boy. Good luck in the real world buddy. I've been flying for 7 years and I used to be like you, now I know what I know. I've watched friends pay £80,000 and get no where. Therein lies at least part of the problem with your argument... even if it is the best job in the world (your perspective on that question will change dramatically in your first 5 years believe me) a significant number of people who spend the money will never end up working for an airline. You think just because CTC rubber stamp your application you are necessarily on the fast track to easyJet? Think again. It will depend entirely on your performance on the course and the economic situation when you graduate.

It is totally impossible to explain to anyone who hasn't done the job. Airlines want more and more for less and less reward. You think £38,000 is a lot of money? I've been paying my loan off (£1200/month) for 8 years and I still have two to go. Mortgage? No chance. I might be able to actually start saving for a house in 2 years when I finally pay it off.

I realize there will be no convincing you. There was no convincing me. I got lucky - I hope you do too.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 24th Oct 2014 at 18:03.