PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £110k+ EZY MPL scheme
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2014, 16:44
PID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no way to satisfy people. Period.

In America, to fly the big jets you need 1,500 hours on your ATP to be eligible for an airline interview.

In The UK/Europe, a lot of the times it is possible to get a job fresh from school being Integrated or Modular. No matter wether you paid £40,000 for your training, or £85,000. The fact that Europe Airlines accept cadets is good, right? So why are people here complaining about putting low experienced pilots on a multi million Jet with over 100 passengers when I can bet you that no one would say no to an airline if a job opportunity was given straight after the training! Oh but it's MPL the problem?

Before people start to get angry and go all negative, I'm going Modular, not because I disagree with Integrated or MPL, because it suits me best and I have personal reasons that overall makes Modular a good choice.

But lets stop being the old man who can't adapt to todays society for a second.

fATPL path has existed for a long time, its still the most common way to become a pilot, but has not changed for a long time. Throughout your licences you often learn how to be a Pilot In Command rather than Multi Crew ... at the end of almost 2 years of training, you then do a quick MCC. to then fly for the rest of your life in a Multi Crew environment.

Throughout history, a lot of accidents has been due to pilot error, I doubt any of them had a MPL and/or only started their flying career. And I'm sure that you are now eager to say 'so we just going to sit around and wait for an accident to happen from a MPL pilot?' - No, but for airlines to choose this path is because it offers benefits that can tailor the airline to its preference.

In a fast changing environment I understand why MPL came into existence.
Airlines want to save money, Airlines need pilots quickly and they want to make them their way, Airlines understand the importance of being able to work in a multi crew environment from the beginning of the training to the flight deck!

Now why the £109,000 from EZY? well isn't £85,000 from Integrated alone then £24,000 for type rating? and then £38,000 starting salary!? Why the complaint? It's an investment, Airlines are business, therefore we treat our big sum of money/loan as business too which in a long run we get it return with the best job in the world. But because CTCWings is being honest about the overall price rather then say 'oh by the way theres this more to pay...' on the interview?

What about OAA integrated training then approx £30,000 for Ryanair TR? a total of £110,000.

Whats so special about this one? oh it's MPL....

There are things I still don't agree with MPL such as low flying and more Simulator but this is still a 'new' to the world licence (hence no captains yet) So like anything, it takes time to improve, make changes etc.

I really wish I could understand why is the pprune so negative sometimes.

Even with Aer Lingus people were complaining about paying £25,000 even though the airline says that will pay 75% of the training.

Anyway, let the war begin!