PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2014, 13:46
BlackandWhite2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" if the airline could employ the service levels of Singapore Airlines, the efficiency of the Japanese and treat it as a proper business instead of their nepotistic feeding ground, there be no stopping them..."

That....my friend, is not going to happen in at least 300 years.
It is not because VNA.
It is because the so-called "Vietnamese Culture" that local people are so proud of.

If you have actually "lived" in Vietnam for some time, instead of just enjoying the cheap beer, you will know what I mean by "Vietnamese Culture".
Vietnamese are very very conservative, almost rigid. Yes, you will find lots of "open-minded" young ladies in Pubs, but even they are just open to sex for money, nothing else. For 99% of the Vietnamese, its very difficult for them to accept, to understand, anything that is not a part of Vetnamese culture.

For example, marriage.
95% of Vietnamese get married and have kids before 28. Now, I am not saying it is right or wrong, because there is no right or wrong. But for Vietnamese, they can not understand "Hey Jacky, you are 30 already, why you dont get married?"
They just can not understand that there is other choice, they can not understand that how can people live a single live.
Anything that is a not a part of Vietnamese culture, they have huge difficulty to understand, and honestly, they dont really bother to understand.
This is the main reason why things in Vietnam changes so slow.

Chinese people nowdays are so different than thier elder just 30 years ago. But in Vietnam, now people are still same same with their elder in 200 years ago. This is the most amazing part of Vietnam, if you really try to understand Vetnam.
"Things just do not change."
Yes, they have Starbucks now.
Yes, very soon they will have B787 and A350, the newest jet airplanes.
But Vietnamese, they are the same, they do not change.