PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Propellor feathering on light twin-engine aircraft
Old 24th Oct 2014, 13:15
JustJoinedToSearch

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I meant it wasn't just my one instructor making it up on his own. It was presumably being taught that way to all the students at the time.

At the place I currently hire from I have questioned a few of their 'local requirements' to the boss, provided evidence as to my position (typically to do with blanket things that don't fit with a specific type/models AFM) and they've had no problem changing things. One of the reasons I go there.

I prefer to get my 'how to' from the manufacturers manuals in general. I presume (hope) they spend plenty of time and money developing the procedures to put in the things.

I mostly made that post to illustrate how things were being taught at a major MB school somewhat recently for the info of those reading to comment on.

I (at my comparably limited experience to many on here) still believe that you're going to have a much better chance looking for somewhere to put it down if you have a failure before getting to Vyse than trying to get everything sorted at a speed which is probably going to give you at best very marginal performance until you can accelerate. Even more appropriate if your asymmetric flying is not quite as current as it should be.

However I'm certainly open to hearing other opinions, your life is going to be far too short if you are going to fly and be obtuse.