PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oops that's bad timing
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2014, 10:27
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Referring back to the OP's point, a question if I may as someone who has been told he is in the frame for a staff job Stateside on returning from his current sunny and sandy appointment.

Does anyone know if the LOA cut mentioned by the OP is across all locations or was it Europe specific? What are the general financial considerations of taking a post in the US these days? Is it going to leave me out of pocket if I took it?

Before anyone says google is your friend or speak to the Adminers, my current job is in a slightly less technologically advanced bit of desert - not AFG - and I can't download the JSP for some reason. Plus as a digital appt ie it really is just me on my own here, I don't have any Admin support to bounce questions of. So as ever, I throw myself on the mercy of fellow Pruners to help out where the system can't.

One thing that does worry me about the offer though - I'm not a volunteer and you would have thought there'd be plenty of volunteers for a couple of years in the States. That's the bit that worries me .... why does nobody else want it