PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 24th Oct 2014, 01:10
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would very much like to know your source for finding these strips, which published charts are you referencing?
The only ones that I now carry: Those published by one of the publishers approved under CAR 233(1)(h). I wouldn’t know what’s on paper charts any more, and I don’t care.
How do you think aircraft using the Area Frequency when operating at an Aerodrome that isn't published on any chart will increase safety?
Let’s imagine a world in which pilots exercise judgment and make decisions based on a good comprehension of the ‘big picture’ and his or her own contribution to the safety of the system. Hard to imagine – I know – in a country like Australia where everything must be put in rules. But suspend belief for a moment.

This imaginary pilot is about to depart an airstrip that isn’t marked on any chart. Let’s assume it’s a property called “Camelot”, 20 nautical miles to the southwest of an aerodrome that is marked on a chart. Let’s call that “Mildura”.

This imaginary pilot assumes that any aircraft in the area around Camelot will be monitoring the area frequency for that area. Comprehending the potential contribution he can make to his own safety and that of the other aircraft potentially in the area, he makes this broadcast:

“Traffic in the area near a place that I’m not going to tell you the location of, ABC’s taking off and going somewhere else and will just drone on for a while just to clog up the area frequency.”

Or….

“All traffic, ABC is taxiing at Camelot, a property 20 nautical miles to the southwest of Mildura, for Gulargambone to the west, climbing to 8,500.”

At that point the pilot then keeps a look out for aluminium confetti caused by the colliding RPTs.

FFS. Is it really that hard?

Last edited by Creampuff; 24th Oct 2014 at 08:11.