PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 24th Oct 2014, 00:46
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Creampuff, you asked, and I quote:
"Could you please, please (please) nominate which of those strips are not marked on any chart?"
My response was poorly worded, so to clarify, those were ones that were not on Published charts at the time I was operating which was about 3 years ago now but had been heavily use for a number of years. I was requested by my company at the time to create a WAC chart with all of them put on, the WACs I used were current at the time but did not display any of those and many many more. I wouldn't be surprised if more had popped up, they often close and re-open strips around there as they fall into disuse or reopen due to a group deciding to live there again. I would very much like to know your source for finding these strips, which published charts are you referencing?

Also, here's a simple question for you to answer Creampuff, How do you think aircraft using the Area Frequency when operating at an Aerodrome that isn't published on any chart will increase safety? I've pointed out how I think it will decrease it so if you are fine with the idea you must have a reason for it.