PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iphone OS upgrade
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 18:33
Ant T

Received 26 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, Mixture. Yes, the comment was written in frustration, but I'm afraid the concern was not misguided.

I am not talking about a mobile network, or cellular data here. I am talking about my home, hard-wired, internet service.

Not everywhere in the world has cheap, virtually unlimited, upload/download limits. The only internet connection into the Falklands is satellite, there is only one provider, no competition, and the 5Gb a month for £100 I am talking about is the ONLY internet available. So my comment stands, that if Apple really do not have a way to disable the automatic download for Operating System updates when connected to power and wifi then I will have to consider changing devices to something that gives you that control.

Update - To acknowledge some good customer service from Apple! The Aberdeen Apple Store manager just phoned me to follow up some feedback I had left. He confirmed that they do not know of any way to prevent the automatic downloads as described, but he is going to take it higher with Apple and see what he can find out, and has promised to get back to me.

Last edited by Ant T; 23rd Oct 2014 at 19:59.