PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 12:09
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asdf1234

Perhaps I am misreading the interim trading figures but I cannot find your £0.160m loss, although I admit that I am no expert at deciphering financial results. I do see an EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest Taxation Depreciation and Amortisation) figure of £1.394m for the Aviation Division. An internal rent charge of £0.713m is applied to this giving a net earnings figure of £0.681m on a turnover of £12.27m.

The comparable figures a year ago were £0.574m EBITDA, £0.144m internal rent, £0.430m net earnings on £10.38m turnover.

That looks like something of an improvement to me, although the disappointing element of the report that accompanies the results is the relatively downbeat statement about future prospects. Just the rather general ".... positive, ongoing discussions with a good number (of airlines) about bringing routes to London Southend Airport". That doesn't sound like any further announcements can be expected soon - despite rumours that have recently been circulating the SEN scene.

Last edited by Expressflight; 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:34. Reason: additional content