PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Media Release re CASA Misinformation
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 06:54
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caught a cockroach the other day, put it on the table and yelled: “Walk!” It walked.

I recaptured the cockroach, pulled its legs off, put it on the table again, and again yelled: “Walk!” It didn’t walk.

That proves cockroaches hear through their legs.

“There are literally thousands of small agricultural and private dirt and grass strips.” Wow!

How many movements are there each day at these places? To the closest million.

How many of those movements involve aircraft that are required to have a serviceable VHF? To the closest hundred thousand.

Of course, the almost complete silence I hear on area and 126.7 as I fly over these thousands of small agricultural and private dirt and grass strips couldn’t possibly be attributed to the fact that there’s three fifths of five eighths of f*ck all happening there. Nor could it possibly be attributed to the fact that to the extent that anything’s happening at all at these places, much of it involves aircraft that are not required to carry serviceable VHF.

It’s instead because all those thousands of aircraft engaged in all those millions of movements are not complying with the CASA requirement.

Don’t worry Dick: Everyone will continue to do what you do and just make sh*t up, untroubled by conflicting messages.

(DB: That’s why you have “Metro D”. It’s code for ... sssshhhhhh ... GAAP. That’s why the procedures for flying in and out of e.g. YSBK today are almost identical to the procedures for flying in and out of YSBK around 30 years ago. Only difference is that 2FC is now 2RN, no more Westmead Hospital approach point and there’s less than half the traffic. Those naughty ATCers finally got their way on taxi clearances at GAAP though, but that’s effectively just a timing thing.)