PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow AW189
Thread: Bristow AW189
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 05:51
[email protected]

Received 629 Likes on 272 Posts
You should become more balanced and less one sided.
now where would be the fun in that?

In general my criticisms have been of the corporate nature and pressures thereby imposed in civsar - not of the crews - that, I suspect is why I am unpopular; just trying to keep people honest

Additionally I have questioned the claims made about equipment and its claimed superiority, capability and suitability for the UKSAR environment.

Sadly all people read in my posts is the bits they don't like and let that help them ignore some valid arguments - hence I have established a reputation as a civsar-basher which is broadly unfair.

I have stoutly defended RAF SAR which, as the major player in UKSAR for many years, has established and maintained the standard to which the modern service will be compared - that is what has got lots of backs up because it is true but some don't want to accept it.

Btw - even I know RN SAR is Grey and RED

Thank you for your sentiments but the SAR ship has sailed for me.

Jim, don't forget the political pressures and the inevitable insistence on using AW products for some of the solution. The cabin size has always been an issue, not only in terms of working height but also of storage space - it's what happens when you take a corporate helicopter and try to turn it into a SAR helicopter.