PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for charity - is it a commercial operation ?
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 02:41
pineappledaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spin doctor..yeah I read that article too..and I would concur about the use of language would not be appropriate on here..I muttered the same. And to do what you did ..you are a legend.

JustJoinedToSearch Selling your photos after the fact would not make your flight unlawful. At the time of your flight it was a private flight and your intention (Mens Rea) was to take scenic photos for yourself.

That's why the cost sharing things is valid in NZ, and it appears that the changes in regs in Oz are sort of in line with how things are done in NZ.

Using Cynicals example if the total cost of the flight and accommodation was proportioned evenly then it is all good. If that proportion happened to be equal to the cost of accommodation then so be it.

For the people/person that wins the raffle..give them a toy plane for the raffle prize, then mention in passing conversation that you are going on a little joy flight for which you are paying all the costs..then invite them along.