PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 02:15
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senator Conroy RTR questions on Part 21, 61.

You will remember that early in the day's proceedings that Sen Conroy was waiting for some answers to be forth coming from the Dept under standing order..
26 Estimates
At the end of paragraph (4), add:

If a senator has further explanations to seek, items of expenditure shall not be closed for examination unless the senator has agreed to submit written questions or the committee has agreed to schedule additional hearings for that purpose.

(Agreed to 25 June 2014.)
...well for those interested here was the eventual answer given...
Mr Mrdak: If I can just provide one answer to a question raised by Senator Conroy this morning that he was anxious to get an answer on?
ACTING CHAIR: Yes.
Mr Mrdak: Mr Wilson has an answer to that, which should not delay the committee too long from afternoon tea.
Mr Wilson: In regard to the Civil Aviation Legislation Amendment (Part 21), the countries that it applies to are Brazil, China, Republic of Korea, Singapore and the United States. In regard to Civil Aviation Legislation Amendment (Flight Crew Licensing and Other Matters), which is what we believe you were discussing this morning, what it does is it makes a number of amendments to changes that have measurable cost impacts on the industry. These include removing the requirement for a student pilot licence and replacing it with provisions that achieve the same safety outcomes consistent with ICAO standards and recommended practices, and streamlines and simplifies the flight review and proficiency check provisions without diminishing safety outcomes.
Senator CONROY:I will not torture you any further by asking you any more detailed questions, because I appreciate the work you have done in chasing this up.
Mr Wilson: The detailed questions would be questions to CASA.
Senator CONROY:As I said, I will not torture you further. Thank you for that.
Okay back to the main game...where were we?? Oh yes credit card fraud and ASA obfuscating the parliamentary public works committee...

MTF...