PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suspected Terror attack in Canada
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 01:56
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rh200, agreed, however the problem could be dealt with if we didn't listen to lawyers and didn't pretend that the Geneva convention should extend to this pond life.

Exactly why Assads gassing of similarly aligned individuals I n Syria should have been met with "so what" instead of the near western offensive action against Assad. Thank god common sense prevailed.

Whether it's russian heavy handedness, syrian heavy handedness or similar (saddam for all his failings kept this lot well and truly under control) we have to accept our western idylls leave us vulnerable from mal aligned forces in our own borders. Which is why known protagonists need to be bagged and thrown into a gitmo equivalent. It's well and truly time to take off the gloves and apply utterly disproportionate force to get the message across.

This whole Arab spring is nothing less than a destabilising outcome for the region. Why the hell we went along and supported elements that had extremism as their goal I will never know. Even a relatively moderate country like Egypt can't get it right, what hope do we have for Libya, Algeria, Iraq and Syria? The armed forces are supposed to be looking out for our own population, not being a "force for good". Granted, we need to take action in the British interest but I don't particularly see much in recent times that has met anything other than a liberal do gooder agenda.the biggest fallacy ŵe need to guard against is this politicians urge that we need to be seen to do something. Unfortunately, the world isn't that black and white.

Last edited by VinRouge; 23rd Oct 2014 at 04:15.