PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cold War days - A/C turnaround times
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 20:52
ExRAFRadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold War days - A/C turnaround times

If this information is still classified I obviously understand why it cannot be discussed here. But here goes.

Some of you may recall I was developing a scenario for a commercial wargame to do with a WW3 Battle of Britain type scenario.

It's still going on, mostly because a few of us have been waiting for some game updates.

However quite a big bone of contention is still being thrown about. This time to do with sortie turnaround rates.

As a standard the game gives a 6 hour turnaround rate, with some exceptions. For example Air Defense types can have a 2 hour turnaround, probably because their mission is so much simpler. (Fishing rod in river, bites expected)

This arbitrary number is obviously causing us Geeks to throw their toys out of their prams and start name calling.

So if any anyone can share any experiences that do not have Plod banging on your door I would like to have them.

Bear in mind we are looking at Wartime sortie rates. As in "Launch or Grimsby gets it" times.

The devs of the game are building a module to simulate this facet of Air Ops and also gives them the scope to enhance other things that affect turn around times.

As always, any help, p*ss takes or virtual thrown items are welcome.

PS - one of the scenario testers asked why Grimsby keeps getting attacked by so many Backfires. My ex comes from a little village about 10 miles away from there. And I added a POL site to the village. Not that I am bitter.