PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 19:33
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps I've missed something along the way, but as I started my career on Albert at Colerne in 1971, I seem to remember that there was a squadron still at Fairford, the OCU at Thorney Island and "others at Lyneham. With the main maintenance base being Colerne at the time I wonder where else Albert was in service at the time. I see the Squadron in the Far East mentioned and I know, as I was posted there in 1973, that 70 Squadron operated both Albert and the whistling tit from Akrotiri. It's all a bit confusing, and I'm sure, that someone, far more intelligent than myself, could perhaps put together a timeline showing how Albert was "infused" into the system, eventually ending up operating from one Station ? As I say, apologies if I have missed the information I seek, I'm still trying to work out how Chickenlover can get such good photographs, and still fly at low level Meanwhile, does anyone have any photographs from Colerne, I had the privilege to begin my career there (ex Halton), yet have no photographs from that time.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 23rd Oct 2014 at 15:46.