PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAMBRIDGE
Thread: CAMBRIDGE
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 15:19
litefoot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice set of photos. Thanks.

Not the most imposing entrance to an airport terminal, is it?
The most understated entrance I have seen at a UK airport. No wonder people tell me they didn't even know Cambridge *had* an airport!

Thanks for your review litefoot1. Quite interesting. What was it about CBG that made you decide to fly to DUB from there instead of from STN, just up the road, where there is more frequency and (perhaps) lower fares to DUB?
One of my great ambitions is to fly from every commercial passenger airport in the UK. Cambridge is one of those. I had no plans to fly from there this year, but then Cityjet announced they were terminating the only scheduled flights in October 2014, with no promise to return. The winter flights to France and the Swiss Alps look horrifically expensive, as do Blue Islands flights to Jersey next summer. So, I decided to have a weekend in Cambridge, and then fly from Cambridge to Dublin for a reasonable £51 (I don't live in Cambs). So it's ticked off the list, and I don't need to worry about Cityjet not returning.

I've just noticed that the 'France and Swiss Alps' destination page on the Cambridge Airport website now returns a 404, and they've been removed from the destination list. Only Jersey and Verona, for Summer 2015, remain on the list. I'm trying to find out if they've been terminated as well. Surely not.

Last edited by litefoot1; 22nd Oct 2014 at 15:53.