PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 06:32
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Typhoon93
Unfortunately I have astigmatism, which requires me to have glasses. I highly doubt I will pass a Service/pilot eye test prior to basic flying training (if it works like that?) without corrective surgery. Even for simple tasks like reading a letter, or even reading PPRuNe, I struggle without glasses. My aided vision is pretty good I think, but then I've had nothing to compare it to.

I was just wondering if the RAF will allow me to have the surgery after Selection. I'd be willing to have it, and at my own expense.
Ah, you never said that in the first place. To answer the final question, almost certainly not. Imagine a box of 24 Apples, all the same price but the biggest, shiniest one has a worm hole. It'll probably be ok if you cut it out. . .

Your best bet is to apply and let the medics assess you and tell you what you really need to know.