PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private jet crashed at Moscow Airport Vnukovo: 4 killed
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 06:30
Sunamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snowplower driver says he didn't see any lights of the approaching aircraft, didn't hear any noise due to the noises of the snowplower and he also says he lost orientation and didn't know he was approaching the active runway.

"I lost orientation and didn't notice when I ended up on the runway" said Vladimir during the interview with investigators.

"The aircraft was taking off and I almost didn't see it, didn't hear it, because of the working snowplower".
(don't ask me why he used the word "almost" and how it is possible to "almost not see" something -nonetheless, it is the exact word he used)

"There were no lights, nothing, I didn't see a thing..and then there was a collision", he added.

The driver has been working in Vnukovo for 10 years.

Medical personnel in Vnukovo confirmed that the driver was absolutely sober at the beginning of his shift and that he was allowed to start the shift in accordance with the regulations.

http://top.rbc.ru/society/22/10/2014/54474451cbb20f63ae234f11#xtor=AL-[internal_traffic]--[rbc.ru]-[main_body]-[main_item]-[title]