PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar (Doha) ATC for new Airport
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2014, 17:43
CuitoCuanavale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simply put - no tax.

Some expat's country's of origin I understand have a sacrifice system to balance and counteract any substantial gains. Cannot talk to that. Mine to date does not.

As stated earlier, there will be many varied reasons. Indeed an open mind or at least a willingness to accept that you will encounter differences on all levels as to that of your country of origin is extremely important. Adaption.

This part of the world is not your home country and never will be. This is not a bad thing ... just a stark fact many battle with constantly.

Closing yourself off to the learning curve once you here is truly a loss. You may not agree with it ... but then isn't that the point of travelling?? ... experience and enrichment?

A tell-tale sign that you in reality are not content at all here, is that growing discomfort in your derriere and noticeable imbalance in your posture ... huge warning signs you should not ignore. It is that bug that has taken up residence in your nether's and the huuuuge chip on your shoulder weighing your down. You create an environment that is just simply unpleasant and a paradigm that starts to imprison you without you realizing it. Without being cavalier, you would either need to change or leave ... for your own and if you have family, for your family's sake.

Drawing from my own experience and to greater degree that of my colleagues over the years, past, present and I am sure those that are to come ... once you unclench and side-step that invasive surgery to extract that bug up .... well, once you let go and learn to embrace the challenge of living and working here ... it does actually evolve into a pleasure.

Chin-wagging with a colleague of mine recently, we both agreed that as you grow with the traffic (ATC that is) and pace of your working environment ... it quite literally is a not too dissimilar to mainlining on a drug ... this one is however very very legal.

It is amongst the top two reasons folk who have left here claim as reason to either return or just make known of a certain 'void' in their new work environment.

All the very best with your new adventure ... it can be daunting, but approached correctly, very rewarding!!

P.S - No reward comes without struggle or frustration.