PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mexican Air Force Buys 787 for VIP Flights
Old 21st Oct 2014, 17:39
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With apologies to the biz jet folks here I think if the US didn't have biz jets or they were taxed exhorbitantly then air travel there would be a much much nicer experience since CEOs of big corporations having to fly 'commercial' would soon see standards improve both on the ground and in the air.
I take it you have never traveled on a corporate jet, either domestically or internationally.

The difference from flying from Teterboro, NJ, KTEB, (New York City) to Luton, EGGW, in a corporate jet to Luton, as compared to going from JFK to EGLL is more than the difference between night and day.

When a CEO leaves from KTEB, they are driven up to the aircraft, their luggage is placed on the aircraft, then they get on the aircraft and the aircraft departs for London. When they land at EGGW, there is a car waiting for them and 99% of the time by the time the luggage is loaded into the car, they have cleared customs and off to London they go. Trust me, I’ve done this enough times with my passengers.

There is no comparison really.