PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another No Vote?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2014, 14:19
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given the unilateral breach by the company as well as preemptive punitive rostering I'd probably put a less than 90% yes vote for CC in the hell freezes over/Zombie Apocalypse category.

I think the major beef is how long the process took and the time wasted in negotiating in good faith with an entity we likely knew wouldn't do so--in fact wouldn't negotiate at all unless forced to do so. Anyway, time to move forward.

My friends at other airlines are shocked when I describe what's going on. Too bad I can't see their facial expressions over the phone but it's always a "WTF."

I don't think the company fully appreciates that by taking the stance it is notorious for taking that it runs off the very folks they want to keep--those who suit up and show up and don't make excuses. It makes them look at what's going on and ask if they (with a very good track record and dedicated work history) really want to spend the next 20 years of their life working under management by punishment. Temporary glitches are, well, temporary but if the long term vector isn't a positive one (and this is one good thing the survey DOES reflect--a real need to fix this--so long as it doesn't fall on deaf ears--were I honestly managing a developing company and saw a 3% approval rating or the like of those I charged with running the place I'd s**t my pants) talented folks won't see this as their future. Stress and difficulty often brings out the true character of individuals and companies which is always worth finding out.

Last edited by Shep69; 21st Oct 2014 at 14:32.