PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shots fired at FlyDubai plane in Baghdad
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2014, 12:32
CamelRustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would almost guarantee that shooting down an airliner is on the ISIS to do list. The fact that the UAE has joined the fight makes EK and Fly Dubai targets. If they wish to continue to fly there do it in all white plane. (I noticed a few sitting over by the hangar.) Also, Bagdad and Kabul should require an expression of interest form and pay $500 more for hazard pay. My life insurance will not pay my loved ones if something happens as these are both considered war zones. Will EK pick up the difference? Hallas. Not to worry, guys we've checked the performance on the 343 and if you turn off the packs and galleys, move everyone to the back of the plane, use TOGA thrust while you stand on the brakes, hand fly the engine out SID because the autopilot is too stupid to bank enough to miss the mountain. (Please be careful not to bank too much as this would affect your vertical component of lift, and you would also hit the mountain.) We are almost certain you will make the 14,000 foot engine out crossing restriction safely. Also, kindly note, do not do this more than 5 minutes before scheduled departure as it would be very inconvenient to those of us in DXB. As I am sure you noticed, we placed the full set of instructions somewhere in your new flight bag.