PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 21st Oct 2014, 11:17
berber3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I choose Modular also

PID,

I am also in the same position as you. I was convinced that integrated was the way, to the point I also went and visited different schools CTC,FTE,OAA,AFTA but pilotchute is completely correct. "Your bank account will love you" couldn't be more clearer!!. I highly suggest to anyone looking to make a decision on flight training to really do your homework. Is an integrated course right for you? have you actually looked at a modular course? can you meet and keep up with the repayments of undertaking such a large loan? as Pilotchute mentioned and I am sure many others would agree "Some people wait much longer than a year to crack that first job. For many the first job isn't in an airline" (this is not an attack on anyone who choose to do either by the way. I want to make that very clear! I feel that it is personal choice based one your own circumstances).

My reasons for choosing the modular route and this and this is completely my own personal situation, maybe Integrated course is for you,

I was doing my research on schools and was putting things together to take down to the bank to apply for a loan (worked hard and saved my A** off by the way) for an integrated course and when you actually sit down and crunch the numbers and right things down in front of you on paper it actually scared me. Taking into consideration the course itself, then Accommodation which may or may not be included in your course, and then living expenses for 14-18 months it really adds up at least €90-100,000 and that's before the likes of RYR asking you to pay for type rating etc. which is a whole other topic in itself.

This made me go away and rethink my whole decision which was not right for me personally."Not only is much MUCH cheaper, modular seems to be more fun, less pressure" I would certainly agree with this and it's also Less pressure from the Bank asking for their money back!! there are other options out there. I found a school called Bartolini Air in Poland which is a EASA approved FTO so your licence will be issued by your local CAA. I don't want to turn this into a which school is better topic but I heard good things about them and I am going to visit on Thursday to see first hand myself. Keep your options open.