PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAR Then & Now ...
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2014, 10:35
D-IFF_ident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEags, I agree that getting fuel into receivers during an accompanied deployment takes priority over any longer-term planning issues. But I wasn't talking specifically about a trail/accompanied deployment, or about P&D AAR; I was talking more generally. And I was including Boom AAR - if the A310MRTT / CC-150T had a boom then there might be a case for considering transferring control of the MCS to somebody else when the MSO has their hands full.

Either way the AAR Mission System is just one component of the tanker system as a whole. Other components (which might be integrated into the mission system) could include datalink / C2 systems that the operator might require to be monitored during anchor-type AAR operations, when the tanker could be tasked for on-call AAR for example. Information systems usually monitored by the MSO might be monitored by the PNF during an AAR event, in preparation for moving the tanker to expedite the next RV, to monitor bigger-picture operations or to receive secure tasking messages etc.