PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar (Doha) ATC for new Airport
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2014, 07:30
Satellite Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I think it is related to the main discussion here... I would like to know what made you guys move to Doha. Was it just the right package, the salary or something else? I ask this because I cannot really see what the "something else" might be.. I mean, one might like to go to a beautiful place in Italy to work but... Doha? I dont mean to sound offensive or anything, just want to understand the reasons to make a move like that.

I ask this because right now I am thinking about relocating somewhere else but I am not too sure about the Middle East. I got the main terms of the contract for Dubai and Abu Dhabi and the pay seems to be good, BUT related to the traffic load, roster, etc and the fact that the ME doesnt seem to be the best place in the world to live maybe the pay is not that good. I mean, I make a lot less at home but can still have an amazing quality of life and doesnt really need the money. I wanted to go to Australia, which was my dream as a kid, but they didnt choose my application. Didnt even consider my CV, which was shocking but anyway...

So back to the original question: what made you guys consider moving to Doha or the Middle East?