PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2014, 02:40
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gazumped – by Gad.

Sarcs – "The AMSA understated, unflappable and disciplined professionalism was totally on display. It was obvious that the CEO was comfortable he was in charge of a strong, cohesive team committed to their area of remit. The stark contrast with the rabble that followed just makes you want to cry in despair."
It's worth repeating that the differences are stark. There is a lot of content in the video; lots, but like Sarcs I have made a habit of seeing the AMSA sections, when on offer, first. The calm, professional, competent AMSA crew reassure, by the simple clarity of answers – where they know, they say so, where a problem is identified they seem to have the tools for solution and the relaxing effect of a "we don't know" statement is balm to troubled ears. Can we not persuade them to manage 'air safety investigation' at least – if not CASA as well.

Poor old Beaker – Milne on a mission to get any sort of cheap, free shot at Abbott yarded the hapless Muppet. Normally I don't mind seeing Beaker roughed up – in the name of air safety – but the low blows and pure political malice of the Senator for Tasmania made me feel just a little sympathy. If that pure political malice is representative of the type of gutter politics Tassie can expect the heaven help them. It is utterly despicable to use the 'honest' search for some 200 odd souls and a lost aircraft in that manner. Does this woman kick kittens, torment dogs and throw rocks at kids on her days off, I wonder?.

Well, seems it's study of the crimes Act next; Heff seemed to be giving it some air time and some not so subtle hints about using it. Loved the bit at the end when the CASA counter lunch voucher minder is invited to "have a quiet word" with Heff after stumps.

I just wonder if Creamy's dry lettuce leaf has become a nettle (for the grasping of) and the zephyr to become a full gale force wind of change. More reading to do after first impressions – whether to take ASA, ATSB or CASA apart next is the puzzle.

Colour me spoiled for choice...

Last edited by Kharon; 21st Oct 2014 at 02:44. Reason: Alemazed and happy daze at BRB - tonight. Lampshades authorised.