PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2014, 20:16
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Run, Rabbit, Run!"

Oh, I don't know, there were some pretty penetrating questions about curbing kerbside smokers outside airports. That is an important issue and well worth the committee time – definitely of national importance. I am amazed at the insight of some of our highly paid Senators....

But, I did feel that the theme song for the evening was - "Run, Rabbit, Run!". (Harry Bidgood, 1939). I did stumble across an interesting article on Chesney Allen, which gave an insight into the times when the song was "Churchill's favourite Blitz-Time song, by many accounts". (From the Noel Gay, Ralph Butler show "The Little Dog Laughed"--the original 1939 version features British comedy team Flanagan & Allen).

Jokes aside – there was some pretty heavy lifting done last evening and some fascinating little sidebars (e.g. The Muppet show version of MH 370) - perhaps the video and Hansard will assist to turn Creamy's zephyrs into the genuine tea cup version. To quote the indefatigable Kelpie – more to follow.

Added – Estimates – Link. For those who missed it. The fun starts at about 02:25, and the ATSB/ CASA show is towards the end over the last 90 minutes.

Last edited by Kharon; 20th Oct 2014 at 22:30. Reason: Link for video