PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas cook b757 incident, what a total mess
Old 20th Oct 2014, 16:16
Chorlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is a very poorly titled thread & highlights the lack of professionalism in our industry today .

I know I've made many mistakes over the years , some I've got away with , others have bitten me hard.

It's very easy for us all to read a report like this & be astonished at the chain of events but I don't know one friend in the industry who hasn't driven home at leat once thinking theyve just got away with an event.

Thomas Cook strike me as a very professional outfit who will/have provided the correct back up training for the crew , end of discussion , it all lies in the training.

The job is changing , the move from manual flying to a smoother management of automated systems is a move in the right direction & is providing a better safer more situationally aware environment. The 'macho' must fly manual approach to fly properly really should be a thing of the past , good management of these highly efficient systems is a much better alternative to the poorly flown often uncomfortable manual approach & correctly flown will keep your scan as health as ever.

I think we should leave this crew alone & all discussions should be with your own training Dept's.