PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 20th Oct 2014, 10:34
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Bondage

I was type rated and had $24,000 (USD). The non type rated who joined with me had contracts stating $36,000 (USD) reducing $1000 per month.

May have changed but I don't believe so.

I never know why some pilots get so excited about bonds. Let's be honst its not real money. Just don't leave then it isn't an issue! Who cares if is it's $1,000,000 you only have to pay it if you leave!!

Not sure how hard it is for people to grasp who keep asing the same recurring question about PBS and rosters.

Basically if you are at the top end of the roster you work 5-7 days of your choice per month. You get off whatever days you ask for, you can basically fly 6 flights to Russia and then have 22 days off.

If you are at the bottom you work 22 days per month, never get your requests fly lots of double sectors and gulf flights or warzones in the middle of the night.

Somewhere in between is in between!

You go from the bottom to the top in about 2.5-3 yrs new joiners perhaps 4yrs and you can expect a shot at command somewhere around 2-3 yrs. if you have the hours on type alreay we have had new joines promote inside 18 months recently!

Its a job you get paid! They pay you more than anyone else on this type so what is there to work out! You are welcome to not come and be employed elsewhere and/or be employed for less elsehwere. If someone can tell me a carrier where we can earn more money flying the B737 NG THAT IS NOT in the US and NOT corporate BBJ work then please feel free to tell me!