PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair open day Riga October 2014
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2014, 08:00
Jean-Francois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Poland since 10/2004 and I can tell you that my family and I (4pob) can live with one salary which is less that what you have mentioned! Of course we do not live in a palace but we have everything!!! Most of Wizz bases are in central and Eastern Europe so with 2000€ you are not the new king in town but you live, you pay back your loan and if you are smart enough you can still safe some money.

Maybe you are right about Wizz hiring low hour cadet rated or non rated (even if I am still not hired!) even if they were hiring experienced pilots this summer.

I think that Wizz is not working for free as you get paid... Forget about starting in a major with 7k as FO low hours... It does not happen! Or if it happens it is one pilot for 2000-3000 of us!
Low hours pilots need to start somewhere... Of course if you are running after the money I can tell you that you should not choose this career...
Even if I will have to move somewhere else I won't start to commute during my OFF's as it will cost a lot! For two years your friends and relatives can visit U in the middle of Romania or Serbia... That is your choice!
You will be lucky to be based where you live!

The career model has changed during the last 20-30 years! And you cannot still live in the past!
Don't act like some people who are only considering to work for the major from their country AF BA...