PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAS Post Medical Downgrade
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2014, 05:37
Fintastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JTO, if you re-read my post you'll see that at no time did I mention booting them out of the service, especially for temporary downgrades. I only mentioned moving people with permanent/long term deployment restriction off the front line, so that others who could deploy can replace them and be able to share the Squadron's Det burden.

I have no issue with people being used in other roles where their skills and experience can still be of great value, but the fact remains that if they remain on the front line and aren't deployable, then other squadron personnel will have to cover their deployed job. FACT!

I know of several instances of personnel who have a 'convenient' medical issue that means they can only go to certain nice Dets and not other, less hospitable ones. Now I'm not accusing WW of this in any way shape or form, but he did seem pretty pleased about being in that situation........

If person A can deploy and he/she does so more often in order to cover those who can't (person C), he/she will get more and more pissed off with always being the one going away and either leave or get a posting away from the front line. So now person B, who is still left on the squadron, will have to work even harder to cover the new hole that's left by person A and the Det duties of C, while any new staff are worked up to CR to replace A. All of this is a consequence of accepting long term non-deployable personnel on the front line.

The end result? Person A loses, person B loses, the squadron loses and in the end the Airforce loses overall. How can anyone think that is an acceptable state of affairs?........Oh, sorry I forgot. Person C wins!