PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 23:50
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thought why Don't Ryanair buy Prestwick.
Call it Ryanair Scotland West ( Similar to Ireland West Knock).
If they owned the airport they coukd fly all the routes they wanted. Do a load of promotional stuff.
It's linked by A train id even see them setup a frw Ryanair coaches to get Pax from other parts of Scotland. Not free but day a £1 Fare to the airport.
Like the planes try sell ad much as piss on board.
(All to help the airport funds ).
If RYE owned an airport Surley their costs would be halved.
They should really ramp up the Service offerings.
Even try get some PSO stuff.
(Woukd that work) They had some PSO contracts in ireland.
Eg Prestwick to ABZ Or INV hell they did one approach Stornoway given its runway is so long.
As they wanted to introduce A PSO to ED I and offer a london route and summer bucket and spade routes. Prob only twice weekly.
But The council reused to fix the taxi ways and apron.
Or so I read.
But then with Prestwick in O leary hands.
He'd have it looking ship shape albiet very sales driven.
Every single thing from the bus to everything bought in the a terminal RYR coukd take a percentage of from. The shops.
And if he coukd persuade this New Danish Mob who being European to Let him have an Airport Express train (couple of sets)
From Glasgow again all RYR Branding. Subsidised tickets but everything bought on the train again in his pocket.
THEN. He coukd bid to bring in other operators for which he coukd offer discount landing fees.
Ok so some routes woukd compete with his.
But every passenger setting foot from those carriers in the airport , Using his ships and cafes.
Car park fees . Or the train would inadvertently however small be giving O leary income from flights this pax didn't even take from Ryanair.
I'm fact by the time they'd either paid parking bought a snack.
Paid for the train or bus shopped in the terminal .
Even (id see him charge for the toilets) they'd have effectively without realising probably paid the equivalent of an Airline ticket with Ryanair .
Especially if he makes a point of making Prestwick the Cheapest Airport to a fly from.
Making each route have the most keenly priced tickets..
Now with a shiney new building . And even a Ryanair merchandise shop selling Irish Merchandise
Ryanair t shirts that kind stuff.
Real guineas.
He cannot fail to make a huge profit.
Cargo would carry on as Normal but id see him reduce the costs of Landing slots. To poach Cargo from GLA.
He coukd even offer the Loganair mail flights Free Slots instead if Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Id bet within two years Ryanair woukd double its money.
But would he go for it ??

Pity he doesn't read this forum.
I'm surprised he's not bought an airport already!.