PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £110k+ EZY MPL scheme
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 21:15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhyByFlier

I'm genuinely impressed. Honestly!

What you have just described; manual thrust, raw data, manual flying is pretty much the bedrock of what I enjoy most these days! Bravo to you. If that's what you enjoy, then you will never be bored in this job. You've made the right choice, and the travelling public are fortunate to have you aboard! Never lose that!

Of course I don't do quite as much as you these days, but I still love it. Having flown in most environments and types over almost forty years, I flatter myself by thinking there is pretty much nothing I haven't had a go at in an aircraft! Believe it or not though, there does come a day when enough fun is enough. You are right that the negatives of the job take the edge off the enjoyment. I'll be out fairly soon, and will get just as much fun pootling between barbecues at grass strips, and air shows. Can't wait!

Many coming into this business will never know, nor appreciate that joy. They choose this for different reasons! More fool them!

Edited to add:
I always feel for the 50/60 year olds at the times I reported this morn. As I'm sure you do on a 777/747/A380 going to the Caribbean or wherever it is you most like.
We normally report for the Caribbean mid to late morning. (Perfect for a 50/60 year old!) Which means we are at the beach/pool bar for sundowners! Of course I'm normally a little sunburned by the third or fourth day! These jobs all come with risks, eh!

Last edited by 4468; 19th Oct 2014 at 23:18.