PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £110k+ EZY MPL scheme
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 19:46
WhyByFlier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4468, knowing the retention rate is outside my job description, pay scale and interest. From all the people I know - many have gone to Virgin, Emirates, Qatar, BA, Mon, Aer Lingus and some to Air NZ, JetStar, Tiger and Air Tanker. There's a healthy churn - some people 'think' they want long haul, some want more time off, some are suggestible and brain washed - they're tired, unhealthy, commuting, have a poor 'life' or are being affected by those that are. I can say that without offending as I have been all of those

I did 2 sectors with a great crew - flying with the captain was like spending a day with a mate. And then finished off with a raw data, man thrust visual - losing 10000 feet in 18 miles - enjoyable, fulfilling, satisfying, exhilarating flying - just why I dreamed of doing this job. And that's why Easyjet, as a job, is great. I'm very sure BA, as a way of life, is great too......for now......on LH......if you have sufficient seniority.

I feel good about being able to do this as a career but intend to diversify my earning potential so I can 'reduce' and not be dependent on such a turbulent industry - I love the job, not massively in love with the industry. I always feel for the 50/60 year olds at the times I reported this morn. As I'm sure you do on a 777/747/A380 going to the Caribbean or wherever it is you most like. Getting up at 0300, lugging a flight bag, in a polyester uniform, being active and trying to assimilate vital info at that time isn't a pleasure regardless. Making out that it's EasyJet specific or a LoCo thing is nonsense - it's an industry condition.

Jwscud, Ryanair is a fair, legitimate career. They don't over promise and thus don't underdeliver. You know what you're signing up for. It would be extremely low down on my choice list but I'm not knocking it.