PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 21st May 2003, 21:45
CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt bother with a degree! You dont need a degree to be a pilot, only a serious amount of money. With a degree you arent (by a longshot) guaranteed any training whatsoever to be a pilot! unlike a Solicitor/Accountant etc etc.It was already bad enough trying to get sponsored, but because of the recession in the pilot industry recently, Ie, british airways cancelling their sponsorship after 9/11 ,(not sure whether they have resumed), but they only took on 150 out of 5000+ candidates thats a whopping 3%!!!! 4850 get rejected! All with 2 'A Levels' or a degree. Believe me you have to 'Know your Stuff' ! . I met someone who got sponsored and he certainly did.
If i was you......i'd become a chiropodist. Dont hassel yourself with the hassle of pilot training. Getting yourself into debt for a degree, and the further with loans loans loans, is an error of judgement. My point is, if you study for a degree for 3/4 years your gonna be well peeved if you cant get sponsored.