PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAS Post Medical Downgrade
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 10:02
Just This Once...

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Fintastic
Having someone who cannot deploy, filling a deployable post on a squadron brings nothing to the party. It just means that they have to achieve the same task with less people. Then those people get pissed off at doing the lions share while you just get the cushy dets, sometimes at their expense. There is no point being there if you cannot got to war!

Sorry, but that's the bottom line, so get off the front line!
That is a very narrow and childish view. Career managers, the medics, the individual and sometimes the Sqn will all help form a view as to what is best for the individual and the Service.

I've been offered the option of retaining or moving on individuals who have had limited med cats. If the individual offers nothing but the basic job which he can no longer do I would be minded to let them go; but even then this may be moderated by the ability of the system to replace them.

If they are a high caliber individual that can instruct, mentor, authorise or just plain lead people effectively then I would fight tooth and nail to keep them whilst they recuperate. There is always something for the high calibre individuals to do to support the colleagues they have served alongside during better times.