PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HAINAN ROSTERING AND MORE
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 09:29
loco330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from their process.
It was all a surprise party. Every day was badly organised and more and more expenses were not covered by Hainan. The recruitment team had no clue about the pilot specific questions. Everything was in the hands of Mrs. Angela. Useless. And she has the authorisation to nothing. She can not even authorise a taxi transportation if 5 more people in different offices don't countersign. But she is in charge. Expect zero help when it comes to important matters.
After a week of non organisation I decided to quit the idea and went back home. I never got anything reimbursed.
A330 bases are Beijing and Shenzen (if you don't have kids).
Living in PEK is expensive. Descent townhouse will cost 4-5k$ a month, 3 bedroom appartment 2,5-3k$.
Hainan has a contract with one school corporation only. So kids go there otherwise they don't contribute. I have 2 kids (5&7 y.o.), the top up from my pocket is 30-35k$ per year all together. The exact number is "classified" information. They did not pass it to us.
Mostly flying domestic, 1 flight a month international.
The max money comes to 251k$, rest is only possible school and medical allowance that never gets paid to you.
All this is for residents after tax.
Medical you top up 1.8k$ for adults and .9k$ for kids per year.
From what I have seen it is something I do not recommend for family guys that have some years to work....
It is a good money bag if you are there alone and it is a job that will provide you with a cherry on top of your already existing pension cake. You must be ready to say:' F...this I am going home!" after 2 months if you don't like it. And not flick once.
It is up to everyone to make up their own minds.
My info is less than a month old.
Cheers!

loco330