Old 19th Oct 2014, 09:12
Exascot
Registered User **

Had a very enjoyable evening yesterday. There was a musical review at a cultural centre just outside town. We actually call it the 'Expat community centre' Not our scene at all but they were auctioning weekends at 4 luxury safari camps in aid of our local animal welfare charity. The show was really good including a lady from the National Theatre who sang two Lloyd Webber numbers - absolutely superb. The auction was what is apparently know as an American Auction It was very badly run by my hairdresser. There were lists for each camp and you put your name and bid down as the evening progressed. 22.00 was the cut off but it had to reach a reserve figure. It had been explained to me by her over a haircut, most other punters didn't know. At 21.59 and 55secs I put down the reserve plus one Pula. Behind me were a SA couple wanting to outbid - Too late. Got a 4,000$ two night stay all inclusive at:Welcome to Selinda Camp :: Conserving and expanding natural habitats for less than 20% of the cost price including flights. Should keep Mrs Exascot out of my hair for a while.