PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diesel V8 flys
Thread: Diesel V8 flys
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 06:11
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have to grasp at any straws at all.
Might not have to……but you do it an awful lot.

Most folk don't know they have an induction leak. Where is your data on that. For once that is not a DATA POINT i have collected but it is anecdotal and accurateThat's another I pull that out of the blue sky. What a crock. Induction leak is the quickest thing you will know about may take some time to find where it is. No it is not, massive leaks yes, but I really do wonder how many engines you really have first hand diagnosis experience on when you make comments like that. Most leaks (by number) are not the massive ones that are dead easy to feel and easy to find. However, the majority are for the non LOP and data analysis nerds insidious and sneak up slowly over time, and without an EMS and knowing what it is showing you, will go undetected for ages, and even years, even after an annual inspection. There is one in my hangar right now, recently back from one of the better maintenance shops around. They simply could not explain the pilots question other than its a carby distribution thing.

Jaba

For the record exactly what aviation qualifications do you have.
None, I am a 7 year old kid in primary school…..who just gets lucky on his engine theory stuff But just like asking who knows more about the design of a B747, the engineers who designed it or the lady screwing the Hyloc's in the aft section of the fuse? And yes I know that answer to that one in more detail than you can imagine

The point is I'm making is that people like to have a dig yet they don't have the qualifications to have it.
Do I have a LAME licence like you have….no, but that does not mean you are qualified to comment on 99% of the stuff you do. Some regardless of your "qualifications", you are qualified to comment on however. There is a subtle difference.

I think if we divided Andy RR's qualifications by mine numerically we would still have a numbers exceeding yours…..but really in the end that is just a pi$$ing contest and means little. So quit while you are not so far behind on that, and we might drop it too.

But what I've been told is true after the acciedent in Melbroune this week some things may be up for change as they going to be very closely looked at.
OK, what do you have to say on that? It better be good, and accurate.