PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logten pro X
Thread: Logten pro X
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2014, 00:29
Samppa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have supported Coradine since 2008, purchased all major releases since, and now with Logten Pro X I feel insulted by the way they have introduced it.

For me a subscribtion system for a logbook is simply not an option (that's why I went for Logten back in 2008), I know that we pilots are generally kind of reluctant for changes, but I have no problem to change system to log my flying hours.

I will first check with Coradine if Logten's v.6 is not going to be supported anymore, if it's the case I will move on with another provider, mccPilotLog seems to me as a interesting option for what I'm looking for.

There would have been for Coradine, in my opinion, a much more intelligent way of making money, than by betraying all their longtime as well as short time customers... just wondering what is the result going to be for their tactics. A well established and, honestly, good piece of software might save them but they are luckily (for us) not the only ones in the market.

My calculations are quite easy, I don't fill a regular Jeppesen paper logbook in one year, which price is about 30€, and we rather fly many sectors per year in my airline... no way to pay 60€ or more from second year, even 30€ is too much for me for an annual subscription.
I don't mind to pay, but as I said before for me a periodical subscription is an option for a magazine (Flight International...), an anti-virus, etc... but not for a logbook.